Who We Are
Women In Fellowship, Inc. is a group of women:
- who have made Jesus Lord of our lives.
- who recognize the Holy Spirt as our teacher, our friend, our confident, and our guide.
- who rely on the Holy Spirt as the leader of this group.
- who have been called and trained by the Holy Spirit to help bring the body of Christ to maturity.
- Who’s heart desire is to please God, to help bring others into the Body of Christ and to develop a personal relationship with Him.
- who are in submission to the authority of our local churches and who trust God for direction in every situation.
- that will go out to minister personally to other people and continue with them until we see Jesus formed in them.
- who have a heart and a deep desire to please God first, families second, and then the church.
To be an extension of the arm of God, Showing love to women of every color and nation. Women called by God who will work with people in and outside of their local churches, helping them become whole, delivered and set free.
Women In Fellowship, Inc. has been helping others have a closer relationship with Jesus Christ & establish a firm foundation in the Word of God.
Helping someone meet their God-given potential. God has taken you through some circumstances victoriously and now you can help someone else.
The Open Door Ministries is designed to reach, teach, and empower people who struggle with issues arising from childhood/ mother / father wounds of the past.
When people pray together. They start to let go of their desires to see their purposes fulfilled and start to open themselves up to what God wants.
Pastor Brenda Williams
Helen L. Trice
We Are A Christian Mentoring Ministry
Become A Mentor
QUALIFICATIONS OF A MENTOR
- Saved and filled with the Holy Spirit
- A member of a local assembly
- A yielded, open vessel, submitted to God and leadership.
- A heart to help people and the willingness to do what is necesary to help them
- A good listner
- sensitive to the Holy Spirit and able to give people his directions not your own personal ideas.
- Complete mentor training
- Willing to submit to peronal ministry
STEPS TO MENTORING
- Determine the area the person needs help in by:
- Asking the person in what area(s) they feel they need help. Fasting & praying one day – asking the Holy Spirit how to mentor this person and show you the area(s) they need your assistance. If He shows you more than one area, ask Him which is to be dealt with first.
- Ask the person if they are willing to submit to you in the area where they need your assistance.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to give you the plan to use that will help the person reach their God-given potential in that area.
- Document the plan and write detailed instructions for the person you are mentoring.
- Establish a relationship with the person by: 1) calling the person on a regular basis 2) Praying with them 3) spending time with them
- Follow the plan given by the Holy Spirit
- Pray for the person on a regular basis.
- Follow up with the person to check their progress.
- Read one or more of the following books: 1) “Spiritual Mothering” by Helen Hunt 2) “The Fine Art of Mentoring” by Ted Egstrom 3) “Self Confrontation” – ( Lesson 9)
- Establish a relationship with the person
- Continue to pray and listen for direction from the Holy Spirit
- Call the person at least 3 – 4 times a week and pray with them.
- Follow up with the person with regular calls to check their progress.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PERSON BEING MENTORED
- Accept a subordinate learning position.
- Respect the mentor but don’t idolize her.
- Put into effect immediately what you are learning.
- Share your progress with the mentor, your progress is her reward.
- Learn to ask crucial questions that show you have been thinking between sessions – questions that show progress.
- Don’t threaten to give up. Let the mentor know that she is dealing with a determined winner and not wasting her time.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Always pray and ask God what you need to say to the person you are mentoring.
- Don’t do all the talking.
- Be a good listener.
- Don’t be too busy to keep in touch weekly or daily with the person you are working with.
- Be open – share your experiences.
Mentoring someone doesn’t mean you are spiritually mature in every area. God has taken you through some circumstances victoriously and you can help someone else go through the same thing.
Become A Mentor
Answering the Call
What is God calling you to do as a believer?
As believers, we are all called to pray, walk by faith, to evangelize, ministers of the gospel to have an intimate relationship, etc. I believe this is the season for us to move forward in the things God has called us to do. For example, God is calling his intercessors to intercede for the body of Christ – that we will take out rightful place, walk in the power, anointing, and the authority God has given us.
Young At Heart Gala
The Young At Heart Gala is a celebration of all Seniors ages 65 and above. This is a free Luncheon sponsored by WIF, Inc. We have sponsored this gala for over 25 yrs. This event provides a wonderful opportunity to show the “Young At Heart” (Men and Women) that we value the contributions that they have made to our churches, communities and to our country. This gala is held the first Saturday in November every year. This year it will be at LaFontaine Bleu in Lanham, MD.
For more information, please contact Helen L. Trice on 202-236-9140 or Brenda Williams on 301-420-2043.
INTERCESSORY PRAYER GATHERING
This is a prayer gathering that the Holy Spirit has directed WIF, Inc. to sponsor at least twice a year. We invite Prayer Leaders from different churches and denominations to pray for our Nations.
Our next Intercessory prayer gathering will be October 19, 2019 at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center in Bowie, MD. from 8:00 AM to 12 Noon.
For additional information, please contact Brenda Williams on 301-420-2043 or Helen L. Trice on 202-236-9140 .